Friday, January 06, 2012

Reinbeers - Best Holiday Craft 2011

I saw a picture of these and knew I had to make them!

Root beer bottles decorated to look like one of Santa's reindeer. Not only were they fast and easy to make, but they were a huge crowd pleaser.

And really, they look pretty darn cute all grouped together as a "herd".




We even made some for adults only. I brought them up to BDO, but I'm pretty sure MomO will never let him drink them. I'll be visiting next Christmas and they will still be in the fridge, "because they are special".




Two people working on them made 24 in about 30 minutes. It worked best if one person worked the hot glue gun and attached the eyes and nose and the other person added the antlers. The antlers are made with two full pipe cleaners - I initially underestimated the amount of pipe cleaners needed, which created a last minute run to Michael's craft store. Luckily I was able to secure the necessary large bag of brown pipe cleaners without having to go to multiple stores.


Now, how am I going to top them next year??? Maybe I need to let it ride and have them make a repeat appearance. An annual special treat!