Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Packing for next week...

I'm working on my pack list - can you guess where we are headed? This time I know and it makes the packing much easier!

Here are the main pieces:




I am packing for Saturday through Wednesday and trying to stick with 12 items of clothing or less.

My current list:


  1. dress

  2. dressy tank top

  3. tan studded short sleeve tee

  4. pink short sleeve tee

  5. pink long sleeve tee

  6. white pants

  7. denim skirt

  8. black shorts

  9. white cotton cocoon wrap

  10. denim jacket

  11. swimsuit

  12. swimsuit cover up

Accessories include: straw bag, little clutch, beaded necklace, boat shoes, wedge sandals, flat sandals (nice), flat sandals (rubber), and a scarf (TBD).



Four pairs of shoes is quite a bit and I could probably get away with leaving the dressy wedge sandals at home but I want to look snazzy when we go out to dinner!







The wedge sandals work with both the dress and the pants for some evening outfits.






I plan to wear the white pants, pink long sleeve tee, and boat shoes on the plane - need to look nice for our First Class seats!





And a few options for some casual outfits once we are there - denim skirt with the tank, cocoon wrap, and flat sandals.








Or either one of the short sleeve tee shirts work with the shorts or the denim skirt for some easy day looks.








For the beach or the pool I have my Old Navy swimsuit, Matthew Williamson for H&M cover up, denim skirt, and Crocs sandals.







The biggest decision right now is what scarf to bring - here are the three I'm debating between: the pink/green lightweight "pashmina" (pros: good size and perfect colors for our destination/cons:brighter colors compared to the rest of my wardrobe),

the Matthew Williamson for H&M black sheer scarf (pros: doubles as a sarong, colors work well with the rest of the wardrobe/cons:won't keep me warm in NYC between the airport and home), and the Calypso St. Barth for Target dip dye scarf in pinks and oranges (pros: perfect colors for the destination and with the gradation they work with the rest of my wardrobe/cons: not very warm and an odd small size).


What do you think?







Tweet you scarf choice and destination guesses to @90thandKO. The winners get nothing but the self satisfaction of being right.

(OK and fine, I can already hear the complaints you can email as well.)