Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Hong Kong Disneyland Shopping

I made a big mistake (not in MW's opinion) and didn't do much shopping in Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea.

I was really overwhelmed with the excitement around Duffy merchandise at DisneySea and ended up getting nothing with Duffy and Friends. In Tokyo Disneyland I did purchase some really cool packaged treats and a couple of unique hats but it was minimal. Duffy merchandise did not exist in Tokyo Disneyland, only DisneySea.

I made up for all of this in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Hello Duffy and Friends!


Look at those cute little Mickey head feet on Gelatoni!


Someone has this headed their way - a Cookie sweatshirt. Just needs the waffle cotton candy sandwich. And it is so soft and it was on sale - half price. 


These silicon lunch containers found their way in to my suitcase. No one will take my lunch out of the fridge by mistake. They collapse flat for easy storage in the cupboard. They should make this in a Mickey shape, they probably do, I just missed it....next time....



I could not resist all the chopsticks. Easy to pack and a great souvenir. 




Lunar New Year cookie tins were on sale. The tins are so detailed and the Lunar New Year decorations on the tins mirror the decorations in the park. 





My best deal of the day - two watches for about $25 USD (not each, both together were $25) and the Mickey canvas backpack for about $21 USD. Happy Lunar New Year to me! 



Clearly I needed the backpack to carry all my treasures home. 

I picked up a few more small items. Key chains for days and a couple of pins.


As a Christmas gift this year I received a Pandora bracelet with two Disney charms. Hong Kong Disneyland had two exclusive charms that have now found a home on my bracelet. 


In general the shopping was great. A wide variety of items and favorable price points. The stores were a madhouse and guests did not queue well. I ended up picking up almost everything in one store not wanting to deal with the shops on Main Street. Considering the shopping I was able to do in one store it was a good thing I didn't in to any more. 

Hong Kong Disneyland I think you need a World of Disney on the walk between the park and the resort hotels.