Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week in Review - 5.26.12

Yes, an early update this week!

Monday 5.21 - Domestic day - laundry done, slow roasted chicken for dinner with a tasty side salad of arugula, roasted beets, walnuts, and blue cheese crumbles. The cats LOVE roasted chicken - Trixie can't hear much anymore, but her nose sure works. She is relentless with roasted chicken and deli meat. At 18 I tend to indulge her now - she deserves to get some treats!

Tuesday 5.22 - MW had an annual work party on the roof deck of a swanky bar/event space. Luckily there was no rain, they were able to enjoy the roof deck as planned. He had some great passed appetizers crab cakes, fried mac n cheese, tuna tar tare, lobster spring rolls, and sliders. There was a dinner buffet as well, but it didn't stack up to the apps. I went to go see the movie 'Battleship' - and enjoyed a small bag of movie theater popcorn for dinner. I liked the movie and it was action packed, I was on the edge of my seat until it was over.

Wednesday 5.23 - Home made pizza. I used some extra yeast I had in the pantry to make a nice rising pizza dough. I topped the dough with red sauce, mozzarella cheese, anchovies, garlic, and fresh basil. I needed to stretch the dough more as it was kind of thick and tasted like it needed to cook longer. It was OK for a first attempt, but like the artichoke I need to practice some more before it is really good eating.

Thursday 5.24 - MW hung out with the kitties and had delivery KO Sushi while I went to the ballet. The dances were two story ballets - one was set like a silent movie and the a lively dance number. We had crazy rain storms with lightening and thunder. The cats were quite unhappy with the thunder because it interrupted nap time!

Friday 5.25 - I've been working on logging 1,200 fitness minutes for the month. I am just about there with 1,120 minutes as of Friday. My shameless plug for the day is for Spark People. It is a free website dedicated to healthy living and fitness. You can use it to track what you eat and how much you exercise. We were both pretty busy with work because we are leaving for vacation on Saturday! MW planned the entire trip and even packed for me. We had a late dinner at Mole and kept it pretty low key for the night.

Saturday 5.26 - Just about time to leave. I still don't know where we are headed. I had a hard time sleeping last night because I am excited. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!