Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Week in Review (Wiicap)

I was supposed to get this done on Monday - but St. Patrick's Day got in the way.

I played Wii for the first time last Friday night, loved it! Bowling, tennis, and Tiger Woods golf - I rule. Well not exactly, but it was a blast. Can't wait for 'Dance Revolution' at Bex.

Something else new - we visited MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) last Friday night. From 4pm until closing at 8pm MoMA is free every Friday. It has an awesome collection including Jackson Pollock pieces, the Andy Warhol soup can paintings, Van Gogh's Starry Night, and some great Monet's. It reminded me of the Musee d'Orsay in Paris - a very specific collection that isn't as vast or overwhelming as the Met.

And what was Monday - my very first St. Patrick's Day in NYC. I was living here last year, but we had a wedding upstate and I missed the festivities. It was the 247th year of the St. Patrick's Day parade - I have never seen so many bagpipers in one place. Forget wearing green, it goes well beyond a simple green shirt - you need stickers, beads, hats, fake tattoos, buttons, and one of those big thick Irish wool sweaters to be part of the 'in' crowd. Firemen from all over the country come to NYC to celebrate and they are all in full dress. So many of the guys in the bars were either in uniform or wearing a kilt. Unfortunately one member of a drum core decided to start playing his drum in a bar, but other than that isolated incident it was a fun time.

Tonight I went to a lecture about pet obesity - bad news for our cats with curves. But if I'm getting toned they might as well too!

And if you have a few minutes check out this blog. Michael found it - good stuff:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

Time for me to go make some basketball picks, any suggestions?