Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Glove Bunnies (and Glove Puppy)

One of my latest projects has been glove bunnies!



(And one glove puppy.)



I saw this cute craft on Martha Stewart. They looked so easy and adorable I planned on making dozens to send as Easter surprises. Well my forecasted production turned out to be much less than the actual production. It was hard to find the gloves and even harder to find the polyfiberfill for stuffing. Luckily my thread, embroidery floss, and button inventory was high.



I started with Glove Puppy. I think he sort of looks like a Boxer.







Next a few glove bunnies.





The whole softie gang - less a few of their buddies that were gifted.

(The brown gloves are supposed to remind you of chocolate bunnies.)



Because I know you all want to make your own glove bunny - here is a link to the templates and instructions on the Martha Stewart web site:

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/glove-animals?lnc=bf89cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=photogallery_crafts_crafts_crafts_p3



If the link doesn't work, just search under 'glove animals' on the Martha Stewart website. http://www.marthastewart.com/



The creator of the glove animal has written an entire book with lots of different animals. I did get the book (from Amazon.com). If you want to make just the dog and bunny the directions on the MSL website are identical to the instructions in the book. But the book does have (among other animals) a cute cat, elephant, pig, and bird that I really want to make.



Sock and Glove: Creating Charming Softy Friends from Cast-Off Socks and Gloves (Paperback)by Miyako Kanamori (Author)



The author uses gloves that do not have distinct right and left side. I could only find gloves that did have a distinct left and right, so I did have to modify her instructions to make my little animals look right. It is pretty easy to look at the glove and make it work!