Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Best Thing I Saw Last Week

Free treats!





Lucky for me most people didn't notice the side of the Saks Sweet Treats truck said 'complimentary sweets' but you know I didn't miss it!

To promote Fashion Night Out activities for Saks Fifth Ave the truck was visiting various neighborhoods and handing out treats.





The choices were: pumpkin whoopie pie, chocolate whoopie pie, coconut macaroon, or a red velvet cupcake. It was tough but I selected the pumpkin whoopie pie. The cake was soft and delicious with lots of cinnamon and spices and the filling was a smooth and light cream cheese frosting.




I didn't make it to Saks for Fashion Night Out maybe next year. Fashion Night Out was super crowded and I didn't enjoy it as much as I did last year - the secret is out and it was just the second year of the event! I did share a cab home with the full time nurse for Tiffany's. Who knew they staffed a full time nurse? She was very interesting - apparently lots of employees are cut when putting the perfect bow on those little blue boxes.