Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter Craft project

I've done crafts for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day - but I keep forgetting to take photos.

Below are a few shots of my Easter project.

I used a silicone mold to make egg shells out of white and milk chocolate. They were pretty delicate - half of them broke during the unmolding process.

This is the white chocolate shell - I used different colors of melting chocolate to color the decorations on the egg. (Which was a big pain, but looked decent on the eggs that survived.)




I turned the egg shells upside down and used them as little bowls. Inside the bowls I put in chocolate dipped pretzel nuggets covered with Easter sprinkles. The bowl was put on top of shredded iridescent cello in a small paper loaf pan, wrapped in a cello bag and tied with a big bow. Hopefully the egg bowls will survive shipping.





The egg bowls were a little tedious and very fragile - so for most of my treat bags I just loaded up the paper loaf pans with the Easter pretzel nuggets. The nuggets kind of look like big jelly beans.