Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Sunday in Manhattan

----
----
Breaking news: Transplanted New Yorkers Stunned by Easter Snow
----

----

Can you read the headline in red circling the NBC News building above?

Yes, it says 'Easter Weekend Chill'

And for you Today Show watchers, this is the where they go out and talk to people during the show each morning. The news studio is directly behind Michael.

---

---

-----

---

It may look like winter, but it's Easter Sunday.

Who doesn't go ice skating on Easter?

If you look closely you might be able to see the snow falling in the photos.

----

-----

----

------

Finally, some signs of Spring - Easter topiary sculptures in Rockefeller Center.

I think the steam was from the flowing water, probably have to keep it warm so it wouldn't freeze up in the fountain.

It was a nice touch for the photos.

-----

-----

---

It may have been snowing, but I still wore my Easter sweater.

I was bundled up, but took off my big jacket for the photo. It was freezing - who knew it was so hard to be a model?

----

---


----

We ended up missing most of the parade, it ended early. I only snapped one photo of a group that must have been in the parade. They were pretty typical of what we were seeing on the street. Definitely not your normal Easter Bonnet.

I think I should make hats and Michael and I can be in the parade next year!

----

----


----

We had a very green Easter dinner - pasta with pesto and this lovely asparagus tart.

Of course the tart was a recipe in my Martha cookbook.

The tart is puff pasty, Gruyere cheese, and asparagus - you can't miss with that combination.

Too bad we finished it last night with dinner, now I want another piece.