Thursday, June 07, 2007

Product Review: Fit Flops

"Every step you take while wearing FitFlops helps tone and trim your thighs, calves and glutes via a uniquely built multi-density midsole. In fact, they’re engineered to absorb shock, lessen joint strain and recreate the gait of barefoot walking with a powerful new built-in micro-wobbleboard workout-enhancing effect. " (www.blissspa.com)




The Fit Flop - as soon as I saw the ad, I knew these were for me.

I know I need to exercise more and eat less, this is the only 'diet secret' that really works - but I'm always looking for a short cut.

I already own the MBTs, so the $40 price tag on the Fit Flops seemed small in comparison. I like my MBTs, but they are a big shoe. I don't travel with them and I'm always a little afraid I'll break the fiberglass footbed, rendering them useless.

The Fit Flops have many of the same claims as the MBTs - they work your butt and legs muscles more as you are walking. Just by doing your day-to-day activity you can tone and firm your legs and rear end.





They really do work your leg muscles more than a regular shoe. I've worn them several times now. The Fit Flop is comfortable enough to wear everyday in the summer. The footbed is nicely cushioned, and feels very comfortable underfoot. The straps are wide and soft, they haven't rubbed or irritated my feet in any way. The sizing is a little off if you wear a 1/2 size. I think my pair is a little large, but the company recommends sizing up. I'm sure they would have been too tight if I sized down, but sizing up means the footbed is a little too long.

It's hard to walk quickly, especially when you first start wearing the shoe. You have to use your toes to grip as you walk. I've found that if you don't grip with your ties the sandal comes flying off your foot. I'm sure this extra toe grip is part of the reason why your muscles are working harder. It's not uncomfortable but it can be annoying if you release your toes and your shoe moves forward without your foot inside. I wore the Fit Flops all day Saturday. We walked extensively through Brooklyn. My feet and legs felt great at the end of the day. No blisters and no leg fatigue. I was asked twice about them on Saturday - on the subway and after our Brooklyn Brewery tour. I guess we are all looking for the easy way to stay in shape.

I purchased my Fit Flops from Bath and Body Works. They were $40 and only come in red. At the time I ordered they only had size 6 and 7.



Bliss Spa also offers the Fit Flop. They have blue, red and black. On the website you can pre-order the sandal with a cellulite reducing cream for $68. Expected ship date is July 13th.